Outerspace Group is growing at a rapid pace and looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to further support our exciting growth plans.
We have established ourselves as one of the UK’s leading SIP (structurally insulated panels) building kit manufacturers and are looking for someone who feels that they can contribute to our success.
Our customers range from garden room installers through to lodge manufacturers and we recognise that their success is our success and therefore go above and beyond to support them in every way possible.
We pride ourselves on quality, service, innovation and we value sustainability at the forefront of every decision we make.
Outerspace Group is looking for a Management Accountant to assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data.
The successful candidate will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis to support our growth plans. This is an exciting opportunity, based at our new facility at Wrexham Industrial Estate, to help us shape our financial planning and controls. Reporting to the General Manager and supporting the wider team the Management Accountant will ideally have experience in a manufacturing environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detailed product costing and pricing analysis
- Presenting reports to senior management
- Controlling income and expenditure and monitoring against budget
- Monitoring and reducing business costs
- Developing and overseeing financial systems and procedures
- Monitoring the purchase order system and approving spend per project
- Managing the sales system and assisting team with debt collection
- Preparing and monitoring short term cash flow
- Preparing weekly pay runs and monitoring supplier credit limits
- Approving payroll reports
- Assisting bookkeeping team
- Assisting with forecasting
- Support commercial assessment of third-party agreements as required
- Support the leadership team to drive performance through cost reduction, revenue enhancement, process improvement
- Co-ordinate and drive the annual Business Planning and Forecasting processes to support the strategic growth of the business
The successful applicant:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant or qualified by experience
- Min. 5 years years of experience in a business or finance environment: ideally from a manufacturing background.
- Use of Xero accounting software
- Manufacturing or merchant experience beneficial
- Ability to work independently